I see many couples in my practice and I have to say they are great clients! They are motivated and eager to make their relationship great. If you are in a long term relationship keep reading for some marriage tips you can use starting now. Being married for more than a few years has many challenges! If you are in a long term relationship or marriage you may have forgotten how to be together. Face it, you get tired of the same ho hum person and life can get boring. If you want your relationship or marriage to last, its time to get back to basics! There are things we can do every day to help our relationships stay healthy.
RELATIONSHIP | MARRIAGE TIPS
- Say good morning every day, even if by phone.
- Say good night every night, even if by phone.
- Ask how the other person’s day was, and listen to the answer!
- Set aside time each week to have fun or relax together.
- Let them know you thought of them during the day.
- Say hello and good bye.
- Say please and thank you.
AVIOD THESE PITFALLS
- Never text your negative feelings or emotions!!!
- Being too busy to spend time together.
- Consuming too much alcohol.
- Talking about your partner to friends and family.
- Involving your children in your disagreements.
Marriages/relationships go through periods of great times and difficult times. There are very few people who can honestly say they have no relationship issues. The key to staying married or together is to keep working through the tough times and make the good times better. Pay attention to each other and make time for your relationship. It takes years to make a relationship great and then years of practice to keep it going.
For more information or to make an appointment with Brandon FL based marriage and relationship counselor, Kristine Butler, contact us today at (813) 689-0139.